Sclerotherapy Treatments for Spider Veins In the Legs
Do you have them? Those bothersome spider veins on your legs, ankles, and feet? Sclerotherapy — a specialized process performed at Southeastern Vascular — can help you get rid of your spider veins and help you regain that lost confidence. Learn about spider veins here.
What Is a Sclerotherapy Treatment?
A solution is injected into the affected vein. The injected vein collapses and is reabsorbed into the body over time. The blood previously carried by the affected vein is now carried by adjacent veins. Be aware that immediately after the initial injection, veins can appear darker. This is not a sign that the treatment has not been effective; it is just a temporary, and expected, part of the process. The treated vessel takes several weeks to several months to fade away.
Sclerotherapy is the Gold Standard for Treatment
When it comes to treating spider veins in the legs, ankles, and feet, Southeastern Vascular recommends sclerotherapy. And recent improvements have made this treatment process even less painful. The benefits:
- Fine-gauge needles ensure little or no pain
- New injectable medications further reduce discomfort
- A large treatment area can be done in a single session
- Typical treatment time is ½ hour
- Treatment is particularly effective on the legs — the entire vein and its branches can be addressed
- Today’s results are dramatic, longer lasting
For Larger, Deeper Veins: Ultrasound-Guided Sclerotherapy
When spider veins are “normal” in size, our doctors use a painless fiber optic polarized head light to guide the injection process. For larger, deeper veins, however, we turn to ultrasound imaging because it allows our doctors to be more precise when targeting the source of those deeper veins. The benefits:
- No anesthesia necessary
- Can be done in the doctor’s office
- Takes less than an hour to complete
- More precision leads to better results
- Patients are free to leave after the procedure
- Minimal or no downtime
Learn About These Affordable, Effective Treatments
You probably have questions. Maybe even some concerns. Lean on the experts at Southeastern Vascular on Cape Cod. Let our experience and knowledge help you to understand your options. Then trust us to provide a procedure that’s as comfortable as possible.
Any Questions or Concerns?
Call 508-775-1984 to set up your consultation.